Saturday, January 3, 2015

Sugar and spice

For long periods of time the kids will largely ignore all the weird stuff in Dad's room.  Then at other times they'll get curious about the instruments and equipment that I use.  The other day Lucy (age 3) wandered in while I was playing guitar and announced that she wanted to record a song.  This is a recording of me playing along to one of her improvised songs.  Josh wandered back and forth in front of the mic as we recorded, contributing rubbing and shuffling sounds.  The bang as something hits a guitar body at the end was him, too.

Lucy will sing alone as she plays or occasionally to me at bedtime, but I think this is the first time I got a decent recording of one.  After we finished, I got out the headphones and said, "Okay, do you want to hear it now?".  To which she answered, "Nope!".  Then she skipped off to play a different game.



No comments:

Post a Comment