Monday, October 4, 2010

...and now for something completely different:

Well, there have been lots of demands for more weird instrumental music with digital effects and driving drum beats.  I'm afraid that's not what you'll be getting from me today.  Instead I'm posting a cover of an Indigo Girls tune that I recorded a few months back.  If you're not familiar with them, they're a folk duo that do some marvelous song writing.  They're also one of the best live acts I've seen, so be sure to see them if you get the chance.  This song is from their album Rites of Passage, if you get curious and want to know what it's supposed to really sound like.  Unlike the other stuff that I've posted, this is not a multi-track recording.  A battery powered recorder sat a few feet away from me as I played and sang this one on my most recent craigslist guitar (I did use the laptop to cut a couple of mistakes out of the recording before posting, though). 

It tickles me that the kids (except Josh) like to dance around as I play guitar and sing.  They even have a couple of favorite tunes that they'll request that I play from time to time.  Josh, however sees the guitar as a threat.  It's just another distraction that keeps Dad from paying full attention to him, as he ignores me and plays with something else.  At first I thought that he wanted to play the guitar himself when he came up to me and grabbed at the strings.  I realize now that he's just trying to get it away from me.  Enjoy!

Ghost by are.kay.more

1 comment:

  1. Paula: *lifts coke-endorsement glass* Wooooooo, that was jusht funderwoool, wufulderful, WUN-DER-FUL.

    Randy: Hey dawg. *thumps chest* I really felt that right here- You got talent, man.

    Patrick: How can I put this *sighs, rubs forehead*....just let Josh have the guitar.

    ReplyDelete