Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Oops! I did it again...

Okay, so maybe it's for the first time, but I think that I may have made country music. I just thought that I'd go ahead and make this post utterly shameful by throwing in a Britney Spears reference as well. How about a pic while we're at it?
Oh, wow.  The hoodie's not glamorous on its own, but you add a pearl necklace and then the whole is truly more than the sum of its parts.

Well, let me explain.  I wrote a song one evening in the bathtub (the only place far enough from distraction to allow for extended thought) and then recorded it with my guitar in the garage (the only place far enough from the rest of my family for me to sing at ease) and then I brought it back to my laptop.  I thought it would be nice to fill out the track a bit, so I reached for my mandolin, which I've been trying to learn lately.  I brought in some bass for support and then grabbed the lap steel to fill in more.  By then it was clear that I must subconsciously want to be on CMT.

 <sigh>

I'm still getting accustomed to this new and unexpected dream.  If anyone has good country music stage name suggestions, let me know.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment